Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Orbea Opal: There Aren't Enough Adjectives

Nate took the Opal out for a spin at the St. Leon race last weekend. He placed fourth in the fives, a personal best. Here's an excerpt from his post race interview:

Katie: Did the Opal give you a competitive advantage today?

Nate: Yes. Yes it did. It was comfortable, so even on these rough roads, my body didn't feel like it was getting beaten up . The Campy 11 speed gave me exactly the right gearing. No matter if I was climbing up the hill or hammering a fast pace line over rollers and directly into a headwind, I was able to maintain a consistent cadence. I thought Campy 11 speed was a gimmick--it's not. I can't believe I haven't tried this before.

Katie: Tell me about your wheel set.

Nate: Woah. The Reynolds Assault carbon clinchers were amazing. They dragged me up the hill, leading the pack. They were so light and swift that I had to hold back. Furthermore, they sliced through the headwind with their aerodynamic engineering.

Katie: Like a hot knife through butter?

Nate: Yes.

Katie: Summarize your experience in a sentence.

Nate: It was like riding a laser guided lightening bolt. From outer space.

Katie: I'm pretty sure that's impossible, and two sentences.

Nate: No. It was life changing. It was opal-uent.

Katie: That's the worst pun I've ever heard. What's wrong with you?

Nate: I'm getting back on this bicycle. Bye.

No comments: